Babasaheb was one of the best lawyers/ barristers of his times from India.
The exception was Mahatma Gandhi- but being from the socially marginalized Dalit community his rise to such heights is surely acknowledged as something great even today.
Its difficult to find such people in today’s world not only from Dalit community but even from upper-caste community who can equal the unparalled knowledge that Babasaheb had.
- Writer and one of the chief architects of the largest and the most accommodating Constitution in the world.
- A beacon for the socially oppressed community. Despite being from such a marginalized background he made his mark in the upper-caste dominated bureaucracy.
- The greatest feminist of his times. Playing a huge role in passing the and which calls for a legalized divorce for women and legalized adoption of the girl child
- A great writer- Annihilation of Caste is one of my favorite and inspiring literary works ((this comes from a Brahmin) probably right after MK Gandhi’s My Experiments with Truth and Abdul Kalam’s Wings of Fire .
He has also written thesis on
- The National Dividend of India – A Historical and Analytical Study, M. Sc in 1921, London School of Economics, London
- Provincial Decentralization of Imperial Finance in British India Barrister at- Law 30-9-1920 Gray’s Inn, London Law
- Sc 1923 Nov London School of Economics, London ‘The Problem of the Rupee – Its Origin and It’s Solution’ was accepted for the degree Sc. (Economics).
Some of the Great Achivments :
- •He is considered as ‘The Greatest Alumnis of Columbia University’ a bust was installed in his honour.
- •In his thesis ‘National Dividend of India’ he wrote about the loss of development caused by British from 17th century till early 19th in India.Which was a broad subject and no other person dared to write about it.
- •On his thesis ‘The Problem Of Rupee-It’s origin & solutions’ which was presented in Hilton Young Commission the ‘Reserve Bank of India’ was established.He was also instrumental in establishing ‘Finance Commission of India’.
- •On his guidelines Central Technical Power Board and Central Electricity Authority was established for the development of Hydel & Thermal Power stations and their regulations.
- •He established Central Water Commission for the development of central & state irrigation facilities.He made the outiline of projects,e.g- Damodar Valley Corp.,Son River Project & Hirakud Dam Project,the largest Dam of India.
He advocated for ‘Free Market Economy’ , he gave values for gold exchange rates and his vision helped in achieving food security goals.
•He opposed the ‘Aryan Invasion Theory’ in his book ‘Who Were The Shudras? ‘ and later in ‘Annhilation of Castes’ he openly criticized orthodox practices and caste system.
•He was invited to testify in Southborough Committee who was working on Govt. of India Acts 1919 and was member of Simon Commission and Round Table Conference at London.He was against the two nation theory(India-Pak.) and Article 370 of Kashmir.
•He was First Law Minister of India and Chairman of Drafting Committee of Constitution of India because he have a great knowledge of law.Hindu Code Billhave been a milestone in Indian law system and seen as a anecdote for Indian women who were deprived of their rights.And through reservation gave rights to Untouchables to uplift economically & socially.
So this shows he was a great visionary and a learnt person who was rational and deep rooted to Indian soil that’s why he adopted religion indigenous to India,the Buddhism.That’s why he is considered as ‘Symbol of Knowledge’.